Monday, April 26, 2010

loughed in

driving home today i realised one of the main reasons i keep a blog. it is to prolong those oh-so-brief moments when you actually get to the top of something you've put some work into. today i conquered the rainbow, 10 feet of frustration that i suspect I wouldn't have gone back to if i hadn't done it today. the friction wasn't even very good and my first few efforts ended in scrunched up balls of anger that i had wasted another fucking drive up that fucking never ending valley. resigned to failure i threw out my previous beta and started crossing through off the standing start, right hand up first. to my surprise this worked so i broke down the first half into as economic a sequence as i could and after several patient efforts managed to link it all up and top out. in truth topping out nearly broke me, and i needed several minutes to get my breath back. but that just made it sweeter. another silly little line up a boulder has brought me a silly amount of satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. Nice man, kev said they crossed through. Away from on Thursday? Happy days, well done.

    ReplyDelete